Friday, June 5, 2009

Pictures of Berkeley and SF

So I have spent most of my time in the workshop I have been doing at Lawrence Hall of Science, so I really don't have many pictures of the area, but here are a few I have managed to get:

This is the view from my hotel room. You can see that I am really on the marina.

This is a picture of the Bird of Paradise just outside the hotel. I love these flowers. I wish they grew around me, but then I guess they wouldn't be as special.



This is a picture from the balcony of the Lawrence Hall of Science. It sits at the top of Berkeley and has a beautiful view of the area. For those (like me) that aren't familiar with the view, I included the same picture with labels.
The workshop is over today and most people fly out today. I am one of the luck ones that couldn't get a flight until tomorrow. This means I get to explore this afternoon. I believe the plan is to go to Muir Woods and see the Redwoods. I am so excited. You see pictures of these great trees, but I just have a feeling that reality will be sooo much more impressive. Not sure we will actually be able to get into San Fransisco. Guess I will just have to come back someday!

No comments: