Friday, July 10, 2009

Do Unto Others...


So this is what I have been busy working on. My Aunt and Uncle just bought a house down here by us at the Shore. My Aunt loves "cute" and is determined to turn the little cottage into a cute-sy beach home. She is painting the walls a light turquoise color, so I thought I would make a house-warming gift to match. This is the table runner I made. The cool thing is that I found a GREAT new quilting shop for the fabric. Quilting Possibilities is about an hour north of me, but it was so worth the trip. As we live near the ocean, it was great to find a shop that had worked so hard to find so many great marine-themed fabrics. It was tough to choose. I will certainly be going back. Anyway, after much looking I picked these fabrics and made this great table runner for my aunt. She aboslutely loved it. As always I can see my flaws, but fortunately she doesn't. The good news is that I am seeing less and less of thema s time goes on.

This is a close up of the panels, aren't they cute?


To prep for making the table runner, I made one myself. Since it was right before the 4th, I thought I would go patriotic. I haven't had a chance to baste and finish it yet...knowing me, that will get done in time for the next 4th of July!

No comments: